- Commercial - Residential Real Estate
The historical information
concerning the "PLATZNER"
rise to its pinnacle of success, is now being documented in a
book, soon to be published and titled: 'THANK
YOU GREAT GRANDFATHER'.
1920's... A fighter and cab driver after
World War1, Joe Platzner tried the brokerage business and found
himself specializing in the selling, leasing and managing of public
garages throughout New York City under the trade name, Garage
Trading Corporation. The depression brought foreclosures throughout
the garage industry and resulted in the early...
1930's... of the appointment by the Albany
Savings Bank, the new owner of the majority of New York public
garages, of "Platzner"
as managing agent of hundreds of garage buildings.
1930's - 40's...
"Platzner" began converting garages into
much needed defense and postwar factories. At the outset of the
war, by federal government mandate, "Platzner"
was commissioned by the taxi industry, dominated by National Transportation
Corp. and Parmelee Taxi, to remove four out of five taxicabs from
the streets of New York for the duration.
"Platzner" housed over five thousand cars during
Late 1940's - 50's & 60's... by then known as the Jos. G.
Platzner Company and joined in the firm by sons Herbert and Daniel,
"Platzner" became the City's largest industrial
broker representing firms like RCA, Nabisco, Loral Electronics,
Farberware, National Shoes, New York Telephone Company, Consolidated
Laundries, General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, VW, Sunoco, Shell,
Standard Oil, etc. They became the brokers of choice for companies
seeking automobile showrooms and service stations for new cars,
for taxi operations and for gasoline service stations. This period
also saw the advent of their expertise in construction management,
working with builders and governmental agencies after successfully
completing a new Social Security Administration office building
and constructing gasoline stations for Sun Oil, Shell and Socony.
1960's and 1970's...
brought about their ability to
handle volume appraisal work for the majority of New York banks
and attorneys representing estates. They became leading syndicators
of real estate under an affiliate, Platzner-Zuckerman,
Inc. and formed a secondary finance company, Trio Investors, making
bridge loans for new construction of office buildings and apartment
houses. They formed an allied company aptly named The Gem Business
Brokers, Inc as well as the Platzner Insurance
Corp. representing many of the larger insurance companies
as insurance agents serving the real estate community exclusively.
1970's, 80's and
the entrance for the third generation, namely Corey, Harrin and
Merrick, sons of Herbert. During these years they controlled or
managed over 10,000,000 square feet of Co-op and Condo units.
They were involved in billions of dollars of sales and leases
and were, and still are associated with many Co-op/Condo conversions.
The 90's has put the organization in the forefront of alliances
with hundreds of not-for-profit corporations, working very closely
with their officers and directors. The years of a profitable economy
has greatly enhanced the residential division's sales and leasing
new millennium promises to take "PLATZNER" to even greater heights. With
the construction of a new 40,000 square foot office building now
on the drawing board, further achievements in their new home will
THE PLATZNER PRESENCE
G. Platzner, Founder
of West Va.
Who - Contact